How to start decluttering when you’re overwhelmed
Your guiding light through decluttering is tuning into your heart’s vision. It’s the key to how to start decluttering when you’re overwhelmed. Clutter can be a hidden obstacle in the way of fulfilling your heart’s vision for your life. Clutter can keep you from following through with doing the things that are truly important to you and that make you feel the most alive. Are you ready to feel alive and thrive?
“Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Before tackling any big decluttering project
I recommend that you first tune into your heart’s vision for your life. Use this practice as a guide and you can also use it at other times in your life when you need direction. Tuning into your hearts vision is the key to how to start decluttering when you’re overwhelmed.
To begin, sit with a candle, by a fire, or anywhere outside in Nature
Feel the presence of the sky above you and the earth below. Listen to the sounds around you. Feel your heartbeat and notice your breath. Tune into your heart’s wise guidance and ask:
- What are the things in my life that are important to me and make me feel alive? You may find there are things you’re not doing but long to be doing more of.
- What is my vision for how I want to live my life? How do I want to feel? It’s okay if you don’t know. Simply knowing that you don’t know is a valuable discovery. Note down any elements or qualities that you do know.
- How would I like my home to support me with my vision?
- Are there any obstacles in the way, keeping me from living the life of my dreams?
- What small or large action can I take to move towards living the life of my dreams?
While you’re clutter clearing, remember your vision.
Use it as a guiding light to help you stay connected to the deeper meaning of the process when it feels overwhelming. If you do this practice and find you’re unclear about your vision for your home and life then simply start by decluttering. Clearing the clutter in your space can be tremendously helpful in discovering it. If you get stuck at any point along the way, contact me for decluttering coaching to guide you through the process or join my next Simplify to Thrive online program.